Clagett Farm, Upper Marlboro, Maryland & the Dupont area of Washington, D.C.
Clagett Farm's Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program allows
consumers to pre-purchase a "share" of the harvest directly from the
farm. Each week, from mid-May to mid-November, CSA members pick up
their fresh, organic vegetables at the farm or in the Dupont area of Washington, D.C.
How many distributions are in a share?
The season consists of 26 weeks, from May 9-November 10 (there are no distributions made the week of July 4th).
What does it cost?
Reduced-price shares are available for anyone who qualifies for government assistance or with a household income equal to or below the amount indicated in the chart provided on our website (See qualification guidelines. This link will open in a new browser window.) After you order you will need to forward supporting documentation to the farm to confirm your shares. Prices are:
- Share with pickup at Clagett Farm: $295
- Share with pickup in Washington, D.C.: $325
How does it work?
Members may pick up every week of the season (except the week of July 4th). They may skip a week or double-up any weeks they like without advanced notice, as long as they take no more than 26 total shares, and a maximum of two shares per pick-up day.
In addition, they can come out to the farm at any time to visit, to help, or to harvest as much as they want from the items on the weekly "you-pick" list.
When and where do I pick up my shares?
Pick-up times are:
- At Clagett Farm on Wednesdays from 3-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 1-4 p.m.
11904 Old Marlboro Pike, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- In the Dupont area of Washington, D.C. on Wednesdays from 6-7:30 p.m.
1737 Fraser Ct, NW, Washinton, D.C. 20009
Why Join Clagett Farm's CSA?
- Because your food purchases should reflect what's important to you.
- Fresh! Most of it is harvested the same day you receive it.
- Delicious! We choose varieties for their flavor, not their ability to endure cross-country travel.
- It's your farm! You can meet your farmers, see how we grow your food, and even lend a hand if you wish.
- Local! We're just 15 miles from the U.S. Capitol building—purchasing
a share keeps your food dollars in our local community and helps
- Good neighbors! We distribute almost half of our produce, free or at low cost, to low-income families that need it.
- Healthy! Your share will encourage you to eat more fresh vegetables,
and to eat them in season when they are most nutritious, flavorful, and
- Organic and Bay-friendly! Our produce is free of petro-chemicals. We
use only safe, natural techniques to fertilize our soil and manage
pests and weeds. The health of our eco-system, our staff, and our
community is our top priority. We do not use genetically modified seeds.